Here are 17 questions you can ask your teenagers before they start school:
1. How are you feeling about the upcoming school year? Any excitement or concerns?
2. What goals do you have for this school year, both academically and personally?
3. Is there a particular subject or class you're looking forward to? How can we support your enthusiasm?
4. Are there any challenges you faced last year that you'd like to address differently this time?
5. How can we help you manage your time effectively between school, extracurricular activities, and personal interests?
6. Are there any new clubs, organizations, or sports you're considering joining this year?
7. What strategies have you thought about for staying organized and staying on top of your assignments?
8. How can we assist you in finding a healthy balance between your social life and your school responsibilities?
9. Do you have any concerns about friendships or relationships at school? We're here to listen and offer guidance if needed.
10. Are there any study habits or techniques you'd like to try out to improve your learning experience?
11. What can we do to make sure you're comfortable approaching us if you encounter any difficulties at school?
12. Do you have any ideas for enhancing your overall well-being, including mental and physical health, during the school year?
13. How can we support your interests and hobbies outside of your academic commitments?
14. What are your thoughts on setting realistic expectations for yourself academically, while still aiming high?
15. Are there any specific projects or assignments you're particularly excited about working on?
16. How can we help you develop strong communication skills, whether it's with teachers, peers, or other adults?
17. What are some ways we can celebrate your achievements and milestones throughout the school year?
Remember, these questions are to help open communication, mutual understanding, and support between you and your teenager as they embark on a new school year.